Childline Zimbabwe Is Looking For A Social Work Graduate Intern
DUE: 19 JUNE 2023
Vacancy: Social Work Graduate Intern
Deadline for applications: 19 June 2023
Duty Station: Masvingo
Childline Zimbabwe is a Private Voluntary Organisation which is registered under the laws of Zimbabwe, specialising in child protection, championing, guarding and protecting their rights through the provision of safe, confidential and child friendly reporting mechanisms centred around a free 24-hour counselling services. It seeks to recruit a qualified and experienced individual to take up the role of Social Work Graduate Intern.
• Providing direct counselling & therapeutic support to children who have been abused & their families
• Provide quality child protection services and ensure that minimum standards are maintained under the supervision of the Project Officer.
• Work jointly with other stakeholders in the field of children’s services, making, receiving & following up on referrals & networking at the direction of the Project Officer.
• Ensure accurate records of all correspondence & activities of the Drop-in Centre are maintained, including individual case records, in accordance with case management policies & procedures.
• Manning the Drop in office, ensuring filing systems are in place and ensuring that the DIC’s administrative functions are effectively and efficiently done.
• Maintain stocks of drop in supplies ie. stationary, consumables, material etc , including requesting new stocks through the Project Officer.
• Compiling internal Childline monthly, quarterly and annual reports on all Drop-in Centre activities
• Ensure the Drop-in Centre maintains accurate statistical data, contributing to monthly collation of statistics.
• Raise awareness in the community on issues of child protection and gender-based violence giving presentations and facilitating workshops.
• Any other duties required to assist the organisation in achieving its vision.
Qualifications & Experience required:
• Holder of a Degree in Social Work or relevant.
• Minimum of 5 O’ levels including English
• Significant experience in counselling and working with children and families.
• Demonstrate knowledge of sexual reproductive health, child development, child rights and child abuse.
• Good team working skills and should be able to interact at all levels
Qualified, experienced, and motivated individuals are encouraged to apply for the above-stated position which has become vacant at Childline Zimbabwe.
A detailed CV together with certified copies of academic and professional qualifications must be attached to the application and sent to the following email:
email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
Only successful candidates will be responded to. The closing date for Applications is Monday 19 June 2023.