Tinashe Chikuse is a well-known DJ at Power FM and the host of the popular Power Drive show. He was born and raised in Bikita, Masvingo Province. His upbringing in this vibrant region shaped his passion for music and radio.
Throughout his career, Tinashe Chikuse has received several prestigious awards for his outstanding contributions to the broadcasting industry. Some of his notable accolades include:
- Best Radio DJ in Zimbabwe (2006) – Voted by the Zimbabwe Union of Journalist (ZUJ) at the National Journalistic and Media Awards.
- Best Radio Documentary (2006) – Recognized by the Zimbabwe Union of Journalist (ZUJ) at the National Journalistic and Media Awards.
- 2nd Best Electronic Media Tourism Contributor of the Year (2007) – Voted by the Zimbabwe Tourism Authority (ZTA) at the National Annual Awards.
- Best Tourism & Hospitality Award (2006) – Acknowledged by the Zimbabwe Union of Journalists.
- Best Radio Duo for Breakfast Show as Double TC on POWER FM Zimbabwe (2011) – Voted by the Victors Awards.
- Nominee for Traffic Safety Council of Zimbabwe National Awards (2014).
- Certificate 8th Advanced Training Course in Media Arts – Awarded by the Ministry of Media in Cairo, Arab Republic of Egypt (2016).
In April 2023, Tinashe Chikuse joined Capitalk 100.4FM, Harare’s leading talk radio station, as one of the new hosts of the breakfast show. This marked a significant milestone in his career, allowing him to connect with a new audience and expand his horizons.
As the co-host of the breakfast show titled ‘The Champions League Breakfast Show,’ Tinashe brings his expertise, energy, and enthusiasm to deliver insightful commentary and analysis, with Phatisani Sibanda on the issues that matter most to Harare residents. His unique style and engaging approach to radio have quickly gained popularity among listeners.
The breakfast show features exciting segments, including the ‘Champions Drive,’ where Tinashe and his co-host appreciate listeners in staff buses, and the ‘Music and Diaspora Call,’ where they surprise people in the diaspora with messages from loved ones in Zimbabwe. These segments, along with others, make the show a must-listen for both local residents and those in the diaspora.
Move To Capitalk FM
Tinashe Chikuse’s commitment to the broadcasting industry extends beyond radio hosting. Capitalk 100.4FM has undergone significant programming changes, aiming to re-introduce the station to its Harare audience. One of these changes includes the addition of Becky K and Yvonne Tivatye to the roster of presenters. Becky K hosts ‘The Pulse’ show from 12 noon to 3 pm, while Yvonne Tivatye joins as the chief producer. Furthermore, Yvonne continues to host her popular Sunday show, ‘The Gospel Greats’ on Star FM, which is now syndicated to Capitalk 100.4FM.
Tinashe Chikuse and his fellow presenters are united in their dedication to providing listeners with credible news, sports, business analysis, entertainment, and current affairs, as Capitalk 100.4FM aims to connect with its audience in new and exciting ways.