Job Title: WVZ Communications Intern (Social Media and Content Development)
Purpose of Position
The intern will play a supporting role in coordinating our communications external and internal engagement platforms to help tell the WVZ story better. The Social Media Intern will be responsible for coordinating and enhancing the organization’s social media and digital strategy/plan, working across key social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and the World Vision Zimbabwe website.
- Social Media Management – help grow WVZ digital media footprint
- Compiling and reporting impact stories (Grants, Technical Programs, Faith and Development, Advocacy and Response) on internal and external digital platforms
- Assist with streamlining the organizations’ social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube), ensuring uniform content and tone of voice for landing pages, graphics, and other elements
- Help to create video content, success stories and other program content and post on YouTube and share excerpts on social media
- Track and report website statistics using Google Analytics.
Qualifications, Experience and skills required
- Must have a degree from a recognized institution of higher learning, in in media, journalism, or development studies.
- Proven written communication skills, and a passion for writing both short- and long-copy- experience with content development in the development space an advantage
- Familiarity with key social media tools (e.g. Twitter and Facebook) and with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to communicate across diverse groups on social media and other digital platforms
- Excellent attention to detail and a high motivation to learn and the ability to work collaboratively with a team
Tuesday, 16th April 2023
How To Apply
Interested applicants to submit a motivational letter, Curriculum Vitae and Copies of Certificates with the subject line as “WVZ Communications Intern Application” to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 12:00 noon, Tuesday, 16th April 2023. Address your letter to The People & Culture Business Partner.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Qualified women are encouraged to apply