Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates to fill in the above mentioned post to support the Accounts department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Filing documents properly to support the VAT refunds claimed and BOE acquittals.
- Label box/ soft copy files and place all financial documents in logical order.
- Maintain all files of VAT and BOE documentation used on VAT returns submitted and foreign payment acquital.
- Provide documents to auditors or staff when documents are required.
- Ensure documents are returned and properly filed after auditors and staff review and verify.
- Maintain handover register for the proper and timely issue and return of all financial documents.
- Facilitate monthly VAT tax payments to the government in timely fashion – if necessary.
- Provide support to Finance Controller at time of reconciling taxes from system to actual amount paid to the government.
- Contribute to softy copy filing on the shared drive and participate in hard copy/ archiving as required.
- Handle the responsibility of the assistant accountants as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in accounting or equivalent.
- Postgraduate qualification in tax – VAT preferred.
- 2 years job related experience.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Well organized and ability to act in a professional and ethical manner.
- Good skills in computer applications.
- Knowledge of SAGE 300.
How to Apply
Interested candidates to send CV and proof of qualifications to: email@example.com
Deadline: 23 June 2023